Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Back To The French Market!

Each time I go to the French Outdoor Antique Market (so perfectly located within minutes of my home!), I do try to restrain myself, though this past July I did come home with a set of small glass plates edged in a deep, almost iridescent ruby color from the Indiana Glass Company - perfect to complement the matching dessert bowls, and cake platter I had found a while back.

The market is a joy. It relaxes me. It takes me back home - if only for a moment - to the outdoor markets of southern France - a mix of brocante and flea market. Camera always in hand, eyes open wide, I wander about the two long alleys, sometimes looping back several times. Vendors with their simpatico disposition shield themselves from the blazing sun under their wide parasols; their wares colorfully displaced. The accordionist is often in full swing and the songs of Edith Piaf are often piped in. The crepe vendor has Nutella on hand! The locals and the connoisseurs stroll about, eager to fill their vitrines with vintage bargains and new-found antique treasures.

Mark your calendars! The market takes place the second Sunday of every month from April to October just around the corner of the legendary Frank Lloyd Wright Civic Center.
  














Some hand-picked, very French treasures from William's Berg booth - William's Antiks

 




The ever present sun-lit booth of Toujours/Watchworks tended by Caron Hibbens







Do come buy this Sunday, August 9th - 
The market will bring a sunny edge to your day. You will reminisce of charming childhood treasures in grandma's house, and I do believe you just may come home with a cherished object or two, be it a bit of kitsch, a bit of France, or a bit of stylish shabby chic.

I see it simply as ... It's good for the soul ~
Enjoy! Adeline

... oh and stay tuned for a lighthouse, a winery on the edge, an a dramatic sky - 
next blog not far away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts you might enjoy sharing…