Thursday, June 11, 2015

French Outdoor Antique Market - almost like home!

Marin County just north of the Golden Gate Bridge is an idyllic place. I love living here. I keep being charmed by its rolling hills, its small charming towns, its lagoons, marinas and shorelines.There is also the warm sun, the tender friendships I've made, the ease of a quick drive to the world-famous wine country - and most definitely I am charmed by the outdoor markets that abound in the region. 

The weekend Farmers' Markets are a delight. There is an abundance of local and seasonal organic produce stretched over many stands; but I must say that strolling the two aisles of the Marin County French Outdoor Antique Market tops my list of local 'feel the sunshine' joy. Frank Lloyd Wright's impressive Civic Center circles the road behind this market. From April through November on the 2nd Sunday of the month, there are troves of French inspired vintage treasures, collectibles of bygone times, estate jewelry and china, vintage toys aplenty, shabby chic finds for that perfect décor, antique furniture or distressed modern pieces, and chock full of hand crafted artisan wares. 

I always take my time. I stroll lazily. I enjoy capturing close ups that inspire me. I might have a crepe.   I listen to the accordionist or the French songstress, and bask in the heat of the day, thinking of my ancestral home in the south of France, and it is pure joy to find it right here in Marin County as well.







































My first post about the French Market was a few years back - click here - 
Back then, I was delightfully surprised by its charm. 
Another time, I went just to capture the sweet faces of porcelain figurines - click here - each one eagerly awaiting its new owner. Today I return time and again, excited at what I will discover.

Mark your calendars ~ you will soon discover how good this is for the soul...
Enjoy as always, Adeline

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts you might enjoy sharing…